Friday, October 28, 2005

by invitation only

You're having a dinner to which you're allowed to invite as many people you'd like...as long as this will be the first time you've met. Who's on the guest list and why? (Jesus is a given, people.)

My picks:
Abe Lincoln - read any history book and you'll see why
C. S. Lewis - because of his life transition from atheist to Christian, as well as the way he has ministered to so many through his writings
Erma Bombeck - her grand sense of humor and helping bring equality to women in society
Bill Cosby - because of his promotion of the family and education, along with his gift of humor
Will and Jada (Pinkett) Smith - their chemistry and their commitment to family
Tom and Rita (Wilson) Hanks - same as the Smiths
David Robinson - for holding to his Christian values in the midst of the NBA
Corrie Ten Boom - because of her forgiveness for the Nazis who tore apart her world
Peter - his brassiness and passion for Jesus
Thomas - his openness about having doubts

8 Comments:

Blogger Chel said...

What a fun Friday post! We'll all have to play. :)

I would have thought you were way too young to have read anything Erma Bombeck wrote! She's one of my favorites, though.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

Can we hire a celebrity chef to do the cooking?

3:46 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

The original members of BarnYard!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Tony Arnold said...

C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Frank Herbert, Phil Wilson (because he would never speak to me again if I had the above over without him), Larry Bird, Richard Feynman (would be the life of the party), and my Granddad.

Tony

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Malia - Which celeb chef? What about Art Smith?

Jason - The members of Barnyard? Seriously, dude... I'll be sure to send some Geritol with Brandon.

Tony - No ladies?!?

1:49 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

Geritol? What does that mean. Come on Jana you know you are a BarnYard groupie! I have footage to prove it!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I did not intentionally leave out women, but interesting observation.

Certainly my wife Anita was by default and your invited too!

One woman I would have to have there would be my long time friend Mary Jane (1 EE degree from VU, 3 degrees from MIT!) and my mentoress Gipsie Ranney.

Tony

8:56 AM  
Blogger erinlo said...

Jana- Thanks for your comment on my blog! I would LOVE to chat with you about transracial adoption- anytime. My e-mail is jelonard@aculink.net

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home