Friday, September 30, 2005

be like a child

No offense to all you office workers out there, but I am so glad I don't work in an office anymore! It's great to have the freedom to go out and enjoy gorgeous weather or to run an errand whenever you please. And I say this coming from an office where I REALLY liked working with REALLY cool people.

Oh, and in my opinion, toddlers-with-attitude are a lot easier to deal with than adults-with-attitude. As exhausting as it can be, I'd much rather be able to address my child's screaming hissy fit than have to bite my tongue when a condescending co-worker gripes about how the project I'm frantically working because he gave it to me at the last minute needs to be finished in an hour.

Yes, children are much easier to deal with than adults. Maybe that's why Jesus taught that we adults should be like the children! "Anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." (Matt 18)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I wish I didn't work in an office anymore! Actually, mine is pretty good - the boss is really flexible - but dealing with adults is much more difficult, you are correct!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Little Light said...

Offices (and adults) have their perks, but I think in the long run, the joy and pleasure is yours.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Tony Arnold said...

My wife, Anita, who left a career in transportation to become a full-time mother says, "My worst day at home is better than my best day at work."

Tony

3:50 PM  
Blogger jettybetty said...

I am so glad you get to be home, too--I don't regret one day I had with my kids--and fall, what a great time to enjoy your precious son!
Keep enjoying!!
JB

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home