Thursday, March 03, 2005

a little venting

Oh me, oh my. People certainly DO have their opinions. The world would be a rather boring place without opinions, don’t you think? But it’s not the opinions that bother me. It’s the way the opinions are PRESENTED.

FOR INSTANCE…a number of the people I associate with did not care for President Clinton. Fine. I don’t care. Have your opinion. Debate about his politics. Disagree with how he conducts his personal life. This kind of clash of opinions makes the world go ‘round. But don’t pray at life group that the “right man” (meaning a Republican) will be elected so that the “antichrist” will not be allowed to rule the United States any longer. (Yes, this really happened.)

Another FOR INSTANCE…if you want to have 72 children, BY ALL MEANS, have 72 children. But don’t try to make me feel guilty for only having one, if that’s what I so choose. Or if that’s all I feel like I can handle. Isn’t it better to be a sane, peaceful, contented mother-of-one, than a frantic, weary, exhausted mother-of-twenty? We are not all cut out to be mothers of dozens, so do not write things on your blog like “[I] sometimes wonder what on earth mothers with only two children do with all their spare time” and “[I] secretly think that life in [my] family might possibly be a much more joyous adventure than life in smaller families.”

Whew. Just needed to get that off my chest. I hope I haven't offended anyone. That's certainly not my intention.

Just my opinion.

7 Comments:

Blogger MDM said...

A-freaking men. Pardon my French.(I find myself over-using derivitives, but that's me) Your presidential one did me in. Not to mention the fact that people think they can make better decisions for you than you can for yourself. I am glad your little tree with red berries has a cool little mommy. Don't know you, but I can tell..:O)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

I'm certainly glad I haven't run across the blog yet that wonders what women with less than a football team's worth of kids does with all their 'spare' time.

I think I'd have a few things to say about that myself.

And I'm in agreement...it's ALL in the presentation, no matter what the subject.
These rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth zealots (for whichever side they chose) tend to make my blood pressure rise. But then I remember that they're morons. :) lol

10:14 PM  
Blogger Little Light said...

They are certainly annoying, but maybe it's their own insecurities coming out. Maybe someone with 20 kids regrets having that many and wishes she could live the life that she imagines you must have.

People who think God's on their side politically are just plain scary.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Yikes -- hoping I've never said anything like that. I think having 72 children would be insane. :0)

I never had spare time even when I had no kids, and one of my single friends was always bemoaning her busyness -- she used to tell me that when you have NO kids, people call on you for help all the time.

Something my mother's always said about kids: "One takes all your time. Two take all your time." She only had two, but logic follows that no matter how many you have, they take all your time!

And I find it a lot harder to have one (or care for one-at-a-time) than to have two or more, because then YOU are the only playmate for your child at your house all day, and it's quite hard to find time to do anything other than give every spare morsel of attention you have to that demanding child.

This is why I'm a big fan of Mother's Day OUT!!! and when I just had one and then two, I often participated in Bible Studies just to get AWAY. Killing two birds with one stone -- striving for sanity and bible knowledge simultaneously.

But be aware that whoever said such a thing was likely just talking about herself, period, and not belittling anyone else intentionally.

11:03 AM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:19 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

Wow, we could just open a whole can of worms on that whole GWB = Jesus. There is a fairly funny ad you can check out here. At first it sort of bothered me, but I have been so put off by the religous co-opting of politics that is going on that it's become funny to me.

With regard to the kids thing...when you become a parent you just invite other peoples assesment of your life. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. Jana you should have as many kids with Brandon as the two of you want, no more, and no less. All Rowan or any future Young needs is to know they are loved by their parents, that their parents love eachother, and that God loves them beyond measure.

8:21 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home