Monday, February 21, 2005

why i love texas

A fellow blogger (www.mandymorue.blogspot.com) inspired me to post a list of Texas faves. Here are the reasons why I LOVE TEXAS!!!

1. Austin
2. San Antonio
3. downtown Fort Worth
4. Abilene Christian University
5. the 'Horns (hook 'em)
6. Aggies
7. the hill country in bloom
8. Tex-Mex
9. the view from The Oasis on Lake Travis
10. boating on Lake Belton
11. BBQ
12. sunsets
13. the Riverwalk
14. the Spurs/David Robinson
15. Red, Hot & Blue (it's a chain...so what???)
16. enchiladas at ZTejas in Austin
17. the name: TEXAS
18. the shape of the state
19. the Lone Star flag
20. the pride and the spirit of the people
21. the fact that it's the biggest state on the mainland
22. Bluebell ice cream
23. the fact that the TX flag is the only state flag that can be flown as high as the US flag
24. that it used to be its own country!
25. friendly people
26. HEB grocery stores
27. the Texas State Museum in Austin
28. graduation ceremonies at UT
29. the diversity of cultures, especially in the larger cities
30. the wind of west Texas
31. Rowan's grandparents live there!
32. mild winters
33. Mike Cope preachin' at Highland
34. Randy Fenter preachin' at High Point
35. Enchanted Rock
36. quiche at the Peach Tree in Fredericksburg
37. tubing on the Guadalupe
38. chicken salad/zucchini bread at Hickory Street Cafe in Abilene

Need I say more?

3 Comments:

Blogger MDM said...

Hey, your's is better!!! What year did you go to ACU? I started in the fall of '91. My husband's parents live in Abilene, so we still see the ol alma mater.

7:59 PM  
Blogger TMK said...

I love this Texas blogging! I live in San Antonio and love the Spurs also. Thanks for reminding me of all the great things around me! When did you go to ACU? I was roomates with MDM, who did the other Texas post. We started in `91.

8:40 PM  
Blogger MDM said...

How old is your baby? I love his name..what does it mean?

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home