Wednesday, February 16, 2005

a little gift from cupid

Brandon gave me cool earrings for Valentine's Day. Cupid gave me a stomach bug. I'm feeling some better this morning, after a fantastic night's sleep last night. However, Brandon advised me to take it easy today...which I know I should do...but now that I'm feeling a bit more healthy, I have this desire to get a bunch of stuff done. You know, real important stuff like sweeping the floor one more time or rearranging the boxes in my closet. Why is it such a struggle for us to rest? Even GOD took an entire day off work when He was creating the world! Why is it so hard for me to sit my bum down once in awhile and do absolutely nothing?

2 Comments:

Blogger mdlg said...

Why is it so hard for me to get off my bum and not do absolutely nothing? Work hard and play hard. Rest when you need to. God smiles on you no matter what.

1:42 PM  
Blogger jch said...

I happen to disagree with "mdlg". The commentor says, "work hard and play hard. Rest when you need to. God smiles on you no matter what." Isn't that what we say here in America? Work hard, play hard. But is that really something God smiles down upon. I know a guy who works all the time and neglects his family. He sure is working hard. Does God smile down upon that?

We seem to neglect the fourth commandment of keeping the sabbath because we live in a country where hard work is smiled upon by society. Jana, take your own advice given to me: REST! CHILL! And thank God for it.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home