Wednesday, February 09, 2005

having offspring is surreal

I can't believe I have a baby. No really. I can't comprehend it. Can someone tell me how long this mentality will last? When will the day come that I don't feel like I'm living in a dreamworld anymore? Even though he's in my lap at the moment, bouncing up and down, chewing on Brandon's Pez dispenser and tooting like mad, I still can't believe that this person came into the world via my body. I'm not trying to get all sentimental here. I'm simply trying to process the fact that Brandon and I have a child together. And he eats and poops and and laughs and occasionally acts obnoxious, just like any other human being. And I'm responsible for him. But how can that be?!? I'm only a kid myself, right? Oh wait. I turn 31 in a few weeks...

1 Comments:

Blogger kenny said...

I'm right there with ya. Erin is 6 months old today and it seems so unreal sometimes.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home