Wednesday, January 19, 2005

days of mourning

Monday was a long, hard, emotional day. Aside from hearing about a horrible accident that killed one child and injured seven others of a church where Brandon and I used to attend, I happened to catch a glimpse of news video of 101st Airborne soldiers who were being sent to Iraq again. The screen offered up clip after clip of grown-up men weeping into the necks of their children. Then, on Oprah, survivors of the December 26 tsunami talked about watching loved ones swept to their deaths by a raging sea.

And just now, I read the blog of a friend who is waiting, waiting, waiting for the birth of a seriously ill child. It all makes me very sad. The death...the illness...the absurd and unfair hands that life can plop on the table. I used to ask God "Why?" a lot. Not so much anymore. I have a new question these days..."How on earth do people go it alone?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home