Friday, January 07, 2005

mommies are busy

The other day Brandon came home from work and asked me what I'd done that day. Well...umm...er...let's see...two points. First, my memory is shot. I can't remember anything anymore. Pregnancy and sleep deprivation have apparently eaten up billions of brain cells. So asking me about anything before the previous thirty minutes is actually quite pointless. But if I sit there and ponder a few minutes, I might be able to squeeze out a memory or two. Which is what I did the other evening. That brings me to my second point. It takes a good portion of one's day to change Rowan's diaper a few times, strap him into his booster seat, feed him a couple meals, wipe off his face and bib and tray, nurse him, wash my hands, and eat lunch myself. Occasionally I'll get the laundry done, or watch half of a movie. Before I had a baby, if someone had said all this to me, I probably would have thought, 'Oh please. How long can it take to wipe down a baby's bib?' Well...now I know.

3 Comments:

Blogger RD said...

Happy New Year, Jana! Your blog says Brandon is "beyond awesome." Is that really true?
-Russ

12:51 AM  
Blogger mdlg said...

I really don't know how moms do all that they do. Y'all are amazing people. Rowan and Brandon are extremely lucky to have you.

Mayito

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Kate - I like the way you think!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home