Friday, February 10, 2006

o ye of weak stomachs, turn away

Thank goodness for those latex gloves my mom gave me several years ago to keep my hands clean when making pie crusts. I haven’t made a pie crust yet, but those gloves sure came in handy last week.

Rowan was taking an extra-long nap on Saturday afternoon so I peeked in on him and saw that he was awake and sitting quietly in his crib. I also promptly smelled the stench of stink. This is not uncommon. After all, don’t most people poop while they’re sleeping? But as I walked toward him, I noticed that the bed of his crib looked eerily similar to our dirt-strewn bedroom the week before. Except this time the culprit wasn’t dirt. Let's just say the not-so-nice-word my husband uttered when he observed the above scenario summed up the situation quite succinctly. Rowan had somehow wiggled out of his diaper and smeared poop to every corner of his sleeping quarters. It wasn’t pretty. And for further gross-out…we’re pretty confident there was some taste-testing going on. Brings a whole new definition to the Chinese restaurant menu entree “PuPu Platter”.

Thanks for the gloves, mom.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

It is amazing what you learn to do and live with because you just don't have a choice.

Girls are so much easier though!

Tony

10:34 AM  
Blogger Malia said...

EEWWWW!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Jenni said...

I echo Malia....EEEEWWWWWW!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

Yes. That's happened to us once, too, several years ago. 'Twas my sweet Julianne, in the crib right next to her brother's crib. I had left the kids with Rob for awhile ... I remember him saying, "I thought she was sleeping!" She was jumping around in it and having a big ol' time. Ah, life.

12:35 PM  
Blogger RWS said...

Have you ever considered getting Rowan a pet Dung Beetle? :P

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home