Thursday, January 26, 2006

i've gotten used to it by now. really i have.

I've gotten used to making plans, settling back in contentment, feeling pleased with my life of order...only to have those plans turned on their head. I've gotten used to it. For the most part.

I was looking forward to the weekend. Rowan spending Thursday at preschool (translation: time for myself). Brandon and I meeting with our minister (hey, everyone needs some reevaluation of the relationship after having someone new join the family). And come to find out, Brandon was planning to surprise me and take me out for dinner (yes, we were actually going to hang out just the two of us). But alas. Our plans have been foiled again.

The kid's come down with the pox. Of the chicken variety.

6 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

really? the pox? wow. so sorry to hear about your messed up plans...I know ALL about those!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

I'm sorry about the plans too. He's the second child I heard about coming down with Chicken Pox (the other ones up in Maryland, not here.)

11:23 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

You know it's funny.

Sheryl and I were talking about Chicken Pox last night and said that if any of the kids at OC got chicken pox, whoever that is would get asked if other kids could come over and play so that THEY would get the chicken pox too.

Has anybody asked about that?

12:06 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Kate - Yeah, Rowan got the vaccine when he turned one but didn't have any symptoms until this week. ;) He's been fine, but I've been suffering from cabin fever because of having to stay in with him like you had to with Erin!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

At least you got to go to church yesterday.

9:24 AM  
Blogger erinlo said...

SO SO sorry to hear about Rowan. Babies with chicken pox are pitiful! I know it doesn't seem like something you will want to remember now- but take pictures! They will be priceless.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home