Thursday, January 05, 2006

smells like roses

"The eyes of Texas are upon you, all the live long day..."

The Rose Bowl festivities in the Young household were fairly tame last night, being that both Brandon and I are suffering from sickness. But that didn't keep us from jumping up and down while clinging to each other like lunatics when TEXAS WON!!! Lots of hugging, lots of kissing, and lots of hopping-on-the-couch-like-the-Cruisenator. Brandon ran out on the patio and screamed "Hook 'em, Horns!!!" at 11:30pm. (If you haven't figured it out by now, we're dorks.) We were wishing we could have been with other Nashville-area Texas Exes at a local BBQ joint where they watched the game; I'm sure they blew the roof off the place when Vince Young scored that final TD.

Whew. Lots of excitement for a stay-at-home momma. CONGRATS TO THE LONGHORNS!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I'll repost my comment on this entry.

Congrats. I guess all you transplanted Texans whooped it up and ate Blue Bell.

Tony

9:45 AM  
Blogger blueyedtracy said...

Congrats! Even though I'm out here in So. California, we were rooting for Texas too. Although, I went to bed before it ended. Sounds like it was exciting.

3:50 PM  
Blogger christine pinson said...

i didn't even go to Texas A&M, i'm an ACUer, but you know us small, private school kids have to live vicariously through state school sports...A&M and UNC were my other college choice besides ACU and lots of friends went there, so i have always been a fan--but it was still fun to see Texas play such a great game! Congratulations to someone who actually went to a school with real sports!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Tine - If it makes you feel any better, I actually live vicariously thru my husband...he went to UT for grad studies. We both went to ACU for undergrad...love those Wildcats!!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home