Thursday, December 29, 2005

howdy Adam

Another relative has apparently happened upon my blog and is reading back through my oh-so-scintillating archives. Welcome cousin Adam! I appreciated his comments on whether or not I should continue blogging, so I am reposting his thoughts here:

I think you should stick with blogging, so long as you are convicted to do so....many people, including some close to you, will not like it, as it is hard to hear truth. (It is in our nature to feel humiliated when we journey through life in pursuit of truth.) That is not to say that the anger or hurt of others is a sign of truth of course. Consider the following: "Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to part asunder a man from his father....a man's foes will be they of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life on My account will find it." (Matt 10:34-39) How do we make sense of this? I'm not sure I have the answer, but I know that if I deny any part of my personhood (past experiences, failed relationships, flaws in my character, etc.) then I also deny the God who brought me to where I am, and wants to take me further along with Him. I hope this isn't too obvious or preachy, as these comments tend to fall on dead ears. At any rate, I believe that breakdowns in community are not signs that God is directing us away from this or that activity. Rather, I think that breakdowns in community are indications that we need to rely more heavily on God for the place He is leading us. Shalom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Welcome Adam

Tony

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home