Thursday, December 08, 2005

yes, it's true...we the people can make a difference

I realize that the retraction of a lecture invitation to conservative columnist/speaker Ann Coulter from Harding University is old news in the blogging world, but reading about her recent reception and remarks at the University of Connecticut sparked my interest again. If you haven’t heard the Harding story by now, read details here. Whether you agree with the outcome or not, it just goes to show that people – regular, everyday people – CAN make a difference. Since I often wonder if there is really any way we commoners can bring positive, broad-sweeping change to our society, this heartens me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

At least she is better looking than Pat Robertson, even though her opinions are just as vile.

Tony

1:46 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

I had no idea this had happened at Harding. I grew up in Searcy, Ark., and all of my family still lives there. My brother is a Harding graduate, in fact.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Chel - Your family still lives there? Do they attend CoC? I have a good friend who grew up there and I'm wondering if your families know each other...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

We were in the Baptist minority in Searcy when I was growing up, but most of the boys I dated were COC. And my brother married a woman who is COC and they attend a COC church there in town. Who's your friend? Would you like to email me rather than putting it here?

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Chel - where can I find your email?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Chel said...

Can I just give it to you here but you'll remove it instead of posting it?

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jana said...

Yes, let's do that...I'm here at the computer and I'll remove immediately...

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home