Monday, March 14, 2005

define "comfort zone"

From yesterday's entry in my journal:

"How much do you want us to push ourselves, God? I hear lots of talk in the church about stepping out of our comfort zones and about how following Jesus isn't about being comfortable and so on and so on. So what does that mean? How 'uncomfortable' do I need to make myself? Does this mean I need to travel to a foreign country where I don't speak the language and live in extreme poverty? Does this mean I need to live in a society where women have no voice? Does this mean I need to wash my clothes by hand, live without airconditioning, medicine or technology? Without our family nearby? Is this what living the uncomfortable life of following Jesus means for me? What the heck does that MEAN...'stepping out of our comfort zone'? How big a step are we supposed to take? How do you define 'comfort zone'?"

The questions never end!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Light said...

The questions never end, but they're good questions.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Noodles said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm having faith issues at the moment and I know I'll feel so much better if I just trust in God and let Him 'take care of it' but that,at the moment, would be uncomfortable for me. I'm such a wimp!

12:18 PM  
Blogger J-Wild said...

Comfort Zone: A state of "well-being" that ignores, or worse, is indifferent to, the suffering of the poor, the sorrow of grieved, and the leading of the Spirit of God.

2:15 PM  
Blogger christine pinson said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I can really identify with alot of what you say, being a young mother. Thanks for sharing your heart.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very good question indeed!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jana, this is my first tome to read your blog via the Bundy Blog. I've gone back a few days to "catch up". Since I am at work and have a big ol' tear rollin' down my cheek, I realize how much we miss you guys. Someday we will get to know Rowan. After you've had your fling with the big city, maybe "y'all" will come back to beautiful West Texas!...Blessings on your day...

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home