Friday, July 22, 2005

book tag

1. How many books have I owned?
A whole lot. I've just recently decided to make good use of my taxes and check out books from the library. It's cheaper and it saves space.

2. What was the last book you bought? Down Came the Rain (Brooke Shields)

3. What was the last book you read? All the way through...Mother Shock (Andrea Buchanan). The following books are all presently in rotation: Perfect Madness (Judith Warner), The Perfect Storm (Sebastian Junger), Blue Like Jazz (Donald Miller) and Down Came the Rain.

4. What are FIVE books that have meant a lot to you? (These are in order of when read - not favorite order.)
The Giving Tree (Silverstein)
Are You There God? It's Me Margaret (Blume)
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Lewis)
To Kill a Mockingbird (Lee)
Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them (Ortberg)

Honorable Mention: Nancy Drew series

What I Should Read:
Desiring God (John Piper)
Fast Food Nation (Eric Schlosser)
The Feminine Mystique (Betty Friedan)

Tag You're It:
Blue Eyed Tracy
Michele
Amanda
Tony
Little Light

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

I will do this through a post as it doesn't really fit with my blog at the moment.

1. Not sure how many I own, probably close to a thousand. I like to have a copy of every book I read in my library. Running out room.

2. Last book I bought: Perfectly Reasonable Deviations from the Beaten Track: The Letters of Richard P. Feynman Haven't read it yet, just finished Joy at Work. Currently re-reading Book 3 of the Thomas Covenant series, The Power That Preserves

4: This is impossible! But I will list the 5 that pop to mind, no order of precedent: 1)Mere Discipleship (Camp); 2)Lord of the Rings series; 3)Bible; 4)The Gap series (Donaldson) 5) The New Economics and Out of the Crisis (Deming) 6) Joy at Work. More than 5, so shoot me...

5. Bonhofer; McClaren; Any classic I have not already; any new release by Stephen R. Donaldson;

Tony

12:14 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

Really? Is this me? I'm quite sure I've never been tagged online before. How cool!

I'll post my answers on my blog. Of course, if the Michele on your list isn't me, I'm an idiot. But what's new, right?! :)
Michele

1:35 PM  
Blogger Little Light said...

I've responded on my blog.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home