Sunday, July 10, 2005

just call us lucy and desi. or any other klutzy duo you can think of.

Here's the scenario: Brandon and Jana are running late to church. But oh! The congregation is having meet-and-greet time, which Jana doesn't typically really enjoy, but today she is glad people are meeting and greeting, because it means they can sneak in across the front of the auditorium and no one will notice their entrance because everyone is standing up...meeting and greeting. But oh! Brandon and Jana have been slowed down by some elderly ladies in front of them who can't decide where to sit. And oh! The praise team is assembling, like they're about to start the first song. Jana eases around the ladies and hurriedly takes off across the front of the auditorium, only to catch her foot on one of the praise team's microphone cords. She goes leaping across the floor like she's auditioning for some Broadway production, then laughs off the stumble while looking over her shoulder at the praise team member who almost had his mic ripped out of his hands. As she high-tails it down the aisle, Brandon is drawn aside by the worship minister. Apparently Brandon's fly has yet to be zipped. He nonchalantly makes use of the church bulletin to cover up until he gets to his seat.

After church Jana thanks the worship minister for saving her husband from further embarassment. The minister replies that he wouldn't have noticed the open fly if Brandon's wife hadn't almost bit the dust in front of the assembly.

Just another day in the life.

6 Comments:

Blogger jettybetty said...

It takes a strong person to laugh at themselves--however, this is really funny!
Are you all doing okay now??
JB

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the comments that could be made about the near fall in front of the church. Even more could be the fly down stories and the possible reasons why no one noticed, but I will not go down that road. Glad you made it to church this morning.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Did this happen during 1st service? I totally missed it if it did.

Nuts.

Many times I have hurt myself with my pride taking the brunt of the pain.

Tony

4:51 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

yeah, that would happen to me. But people never notice. Though I lose sleep, sure that they did, and they're just too nice to tell me, even when pressed. the liars!!! :-) It's all about me, doggone it!

I have a love/hate relationship with those microphone cords ... you can imagine how many near run-ins I've had with them, as many times as I've been up-close-and-personal with them. I know they're required since the cordless mics are so flakey, but they have a strong magnetic attraction to my shoes.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Yes, it happened during first service, but see, I knew the meet-and-greet was to my advantage yesterday! Since everyone was standing, the only people who probably noticed were the praise team and anyone on the front row. No biggie...we had a good laugh about it. And I can use a good laugh anytime!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

As the AV guy at OC, I can honestly say that mic cords are evil. They knot themselves up. So I can totally believe they would trip you up.

And yes, I saw it from my perch in the balcony, although I didn't notice Brandon's fly.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home