Wednesday, August 24, 2005

let's hear it for mid-year resolutions. woo-hoo.

Okay, I'm sharing this so you can hold me accountable. It seems the more people I tell, the more sincere and resolute I have become in following through on this. (I guess that's the whole point of accountability.) I have made the following mid-year resolution: I will not purchase any new clothes, shoes, or craft-like items (for scrapbooks and other creative projects) until we have paid off our credit card debt in its entirety. (gulp)

And wouldn't you know it, the day after I made this resolution to God and my husband (who I am secretly hoping will join me in this venture), I bleach-stained my new favorite shirt that I bought two weeks ago. Brandon immediately tried to get online and convince me to buy a new one but I yelled "No!!! Get thou behind me, Satan!!! I will not give in! I will not give up!"

We WILL pay off this debt and I will NOT buy new clothes for any reason whatsoever. I WILL NOT!!! So there it is. In writing. There's no going back now.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tony Arnold said...

Ah the student loan. One of my cash flow anchors. 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more year!

Jana, greate discipleship move! We will pray for your committment.

Tony

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jacinda said...

You can do it! (Then let me know exactly HOW you did it!)

8:12 PM  
Blogger jettybetty said...

Great resolution--but tough!

You can do it though! I just know it!!!

JB

11:58 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

We won't laugh when we see you coming in tattered clothes. When they get close to being indecent, we'll chip in. Hang in there, O rash decision-maker.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

Actually, Clarissa, this was anything but a rash decision. We'll see how it goes...

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This reminds me of something that Jeff wrote not too long ago on his xanga. (Another form of blogging - i guess.) I'll e-mail his site to you. I think you'll find it humorous. You CAN do it!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Clarissa said...

I guess I said that with OUR credit card debt in mind. Sorry to poke fun. We truly would be tattered if we waited that long.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Malia said...

good for you, Jana! way to be strong, I think I would be okay with the ban on new clothing and shoes, but the ban on crafting items, not so sure

anyway, I'm sure you've heard of Dave Ramsey and whatever anyone thinks of his weirdness, his basic get of debt plan does work, we are not debt free yet but we are working that debt snowball and pretty soon it's really gonna get rollin'

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Good for you Jana!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home