Tuesday, July 25, 2006

my new favorite song: the riddle

There was a man back in '95 / Whose heart ran out of summers / But before he died, I asked him / Wait, what's the sense in life / Come over me, Come over me / He said, "Son why you got to sing that tune / Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon / Let an angel swing and make you swoon / Then you will see...You will see." / Then he said, "Here's a riddle for you / Find the Answer / There's a reason for the world / You and I..." / Picked up my kid from school today / Did you learn anything cause in the world today / You can't live in a castle far away / Now talk to me, come talk to me / He said, "Dad I'm big but we're smaller than small / In the scheme of things, well we're nothing at all / Still every mother's child sings a lonely song / So play with me, come play with me" / And "Hey Dad / Here's a riddle for you / Find the Answer / There's a reason for the world / You and I..." / I said, "Son for all I've told you / When you get right down to the / Reason for the world... / Who am I?" / There are secrets that we still have left to find / There have been mysteries from the beginning of time / There are answers we're not wise enough to see / He said, "You're looking for a clue: I Love You free..." / The batter swings and the summer flies / As I look into my angel's eyes / A song plays on while the moon is hiding over me / Something comes over me / I guess we're big and I guess we're small / If you think about it man you know we got it all / Cause we're all we got on this bouncing ball / And I love you free / I love you freely / Here's a riddle for you / Find the Answer / There's a reason for the world / You and I...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whose song is this?

7:03 AM  
Blogger Jana said...

five for fighting

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jana,
Check out the band Hum.
They have a lot of songs I enjoy, but Apollo is especially good.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home